In the 1880s The Argo House was built by John A. Boyle (1846-1916), a pioneer who was throughout his career owner of Boyle and Co furniture company, a three-time city treasurer and councilman, the mayor (1898-1899), and leader of the Ogden city brass band. In 1896 The Argo house was sold to Carrie and John H. Hamner (1847-1930). Hamner was the proprietor of The White Elephant Saloon and cafe. Hamner lived there until 1919 when the property was sold to the Kirkendall Undertaking Co. The house was then subdivided as residential and commercial, where Pearl F. Kirkendall (1874-1928) and his wife lived on the premises. Kirkendall was also a mayor of Ogden from 1924-25. The Kirkendall mortuary was operational until 1947 when it became the Wildermuth Mortuary until 1958. In 1960 the property was operational as an Alcohol rehab facility until 2015 when Flagstaff Holdings and Investments. Margo Properties purchased the building in 2016 and is currently under renovations to become “The Argo House” creative workspace.